Friday

Bad day

Yes yesterday was a bad day. Well I guess it could have been worse. I started off with getting all my laundry folded and put away, that was a good thing. Then I decided that I needed to go running, so I get ready and go down to the gym at the apts and someone else is on the treadmill. And if you know me you know that I will NOT work out in the same room as someone else, so I decide that it is pretty nice outside so I go get my Ipod instead of the MP3 player that I had with me and start off down the road. Bad decision, not even very far into it (I am not even going to say how far I didnt get) Its quite embarrassing. Well i was just listening to my Ipod thinking of who knows what not paying attention to cracks and the sidewalk and then I am on the ground, my hands burning, not able to breath and my knee killing me. Great. After a couple minutes of sitting there trying to get my breath back, I get up and go back to my house. Very painful walk I might add. Then I look at the damage which is already swollen and bruised. Nice. Well after walking on my knee that I did break about 10 yrs ago for a couple days thinking I just sprained it and with this knee being swollen and bruised already I decide I better go get it checked out. Of course the Dr cant get me in until almost 4pm and its 1030am I didnt want to wait so I ice it for a while then go to the ER. My grandma came and took me since I wasnt putting weight on it and didnt know what I did to it or what the Dr. would do. Well needless to say I am glad I could give those Drs a laugh and the nurses their daily dose of laughter, I left with a very bruised/swollen knee but nothing broken. Good thing nothing is broke but I seriously hurt. So I go home and get some sleep while icing my knee because I still have to go to work that night too. I needed to go to the store to get stuff for dinners while I am at work this weekend and when I get home, I lock my keys in my car. Awesome. So a call to the Sheriffs office to have them send someone over to unlock my car. I get ready to go to work. And that ends it, well kinda. Mostly now hopefully I can get some sleep today because I am already so sore everywhere from biffing it on the lovely sidewalk. By now I know you are laughing at my wonderful skills I had today, and dont worry I am too. I can just see myself falling down and I am sure I looked pretty graceful doing it. I will stick to the treadmill and just walking for a while now. :)

1 comment:

*Katie May* said...

OUCH! I hope you feel better soon! :) Glad it wasn't worse.